Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bye-Bye-Bye 2011

I've been thinking a lot about 2011. About how it was a hard, great, challenging, fun, and crazy year.  So in honor of my deep thoughts I will do a re-cap of 2011 for the Archers. I didn't blog about a lot of this but I'm sharing it anyway.

January- Nothing really crazy happened for us this month. We rang the new year in Charleston w/ my college best friends and their spouses.  It was a great way to start the new year.

February-Drew opened The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and it was one of my FAVORITE roles and shows of his.  He was really good and funny as usual : ).  We also traveled to Arizona on a whirlwind trip.  We both enjoyed our mini visit w/ Aunt Jean.

March-Drew started directing Tom Sawyer at one theater in town and I opened Farragut North (which is the play that the movie Ides of March is based on) at another theater.  We were very busy as we were also in rehearsals together for Xanadu. We also celebrated Christmas in March.

April- We welcomed the spring w/ more Xanadu, a trip to NYC for yours truly, lots of friends having babies a big announcement about our future move to Atlanta.

May-was pretty busy and I was a horrible blogger...but I did tell you about the month in one blog post.

June-We took a mini beach trip with Drew's family to Hilton Head Island, SC.  It was great to have no alarm clocks.   We celebrated our 9th anniversary and I shared some facts about my amazing hubs.  The big move also happened at the end of the month.  It was a hard, great, sad, happy, grumpy, silly time for us!

July-We took the first vacation together in a very long time to Los Angeles.  It was one of the most relaxing trips and times for us.  It was a great trip. It took me months to blog about it but here are the posts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.   I also headed back to Charleston to work for 3 more weeks.

August-I said "SAY LA VEE" to Charleston for real this time and really started the new life in ATL.  I'm not going to lie, it was a difficult month.  But change is going to have ups and downs...and you just go with the flow. Drew was able to enjoy lots of Braves games which is always good.  We also got to spend a lot of great time with our friends David and Brance, both live in NYC, who were working at a theatre in ATL.

September-This was our first full month back in Atlanta together. I started to get into a groove with my new job in Atlanta.  I also tried lots of new recipes and several fall-centeric ones.

October-Always a favorite month of mine full of Pumpkins galore, Birthdays including the hubs and my own, lots of house renovations and craigslist finds, and lots of great time w/ family and friends.

November-The month of thankfulness was a sweet, sweet time for us. We were able to get to know some more people in our new church,we were able to travel to NC and visit my dad for Thanksgiving and it was nice. I shared some of the things (small, random, & special)  that make me a thankful lassie : ).

December-The most wonderful time of the year and it was WILD for me this year.  I got to watch my favorite movies,  Drew was in a wonderful show, we got to spend Christmas w/ most of our loved ones.  The week after Christmas my mom got to come back to ATL and spend time with us. It was pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment