Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 15, 2002

Yesterday was our 9th anniversary! What the WHAT! I know seriously...where does time go? I'm sure you're asking "How old were you when you got married?" Don't worry, we were legal. I like to joke with people and say "Well you know we AAAARRREE from Georgia.". We were young compared to most of our friends but for wondering minds-we were 23 and we were both 4 months shy of 24.  Now, my birthday doesn't make me feel old but saying I've been married 9 years does for some reason. 

They've been 9 years full of every emotion under the sun.  It's been wonderful, hard, great, scary, fun, nutty, crazy, amazing...the list goes on.  I truly feel blessed that Drew and I are together.  We've had good and bad times, mostly good,  and they've all been worth it.  I married my best friend and thankfully we've continued to grow together throughout our years.  He's made me a better person...and I'm glad he hasn't given up on me.  We've not been alone...thankfully the Lord has constantly guided us and been a part of this union.  Our wedding verse was Ecclesiastes 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves but A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Here are some pics are of our big day.  We are definitely different people now. We talk about how different our day would be if we were to get married now...I know a lot would change but there would also be a lot that would stay the same.  Looking at the pictures reminds me of who we were then and how special of a day it was! I am thankful for our amazing family and friends who've been with us from the beginning. Enjoy!

                     The Bride                                                  My Mom and Dad : )

 My Dad and Mama Deb


My Sis, Lauren and Mom                                                                             All My Girls!

My wonderful Drew

                                            All his dudes!

            













Drew and his siblings: Tom (l) Rebecca and her hubby Robert on (R)






Drew and His folks
    












                                                      Drew and His Mini Me



Drew and Tom acting normal






All the Crazy ladies!


Our closest encounter before the wedding : )                                       The Bride stand alone


                                                                   Finally Wedded ; )

                                                     What have we done!! ha ha ha

Always Acting! 
Dancing with My Daddy!

The Groom's cake

Almost there...Amy's about to take the cake!

I love you DREW!

A blessed and great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment