Tuesday, January 17, 2012

5 Things I'm digging today (and one I'm not)

1. My hubs is in a new show (a Frank Sinatra review called My Way) that opens this week.  Yep, that's right, I had him home from rehearsal for one week before he jumped into another show. That's ok though! It's a great show for him and I will get him back a couple nights a week once the show opens.  B/c of this free time I've been searching for a new tv show to catch up on. Netflix has been giving me some gems lately. The most recent is Samantha Who?  This show is hilarious...why OH why did they cancel it after two seasons...I'm not going to tell  you that I started it on Saturday night and am already on Season 2.  I'm NOT a loser...I think (gulp).  What have you caught up with on Netflix?

2. I've made two new soups in the past week and they are definitely winners. Will try to post them tomorrow. One was a creamy broccoli soup (w/ no cream so it's actually healthy) and the other was a Fiesta chicken soup.

3. FB has been annoying me a little bit lately. I love a good update from people and seeing pics of events, fams, and fun...but I don't enjoy the dirty laundry people feel like leaving on the interwebs. There is a fine balance on what you post.  I guess that's the beauty of not having to read it : ).

4. I've been making homemade sourdough bread lately. My mama Deb gave me some starter in Nov.  My first batch was good but I had LOTS of trouble getting it to rise.  This has been my first foray into breadmaking.  I am happy to say I'm getting better!! I'm finding my technique, the right blend of ingredients and my kneading is getting rock solid. Nothing like warm bread right out of the oven.

5. Body Butter-I got some Almond body butter from the Body Shop a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it.  Not only does my skin feel great but it smells SO good too.  I also love that their products are environmentally safe (and I got to spin the wheel and got 40% off...love a deal)!

6. Artie and Harpo-Our cats have been SO lovey and cuddley lately.  They just make me so happy.  I don't know if it's the colder weather...but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment