Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Five-All things Pumpkin




I'm finally writing my FF on my favorite pumpkin loves.  I am obsessed w/ pumpkins (flavors, candles, drinks, decorations etc).  Here are my current loves.


1. Pumpkin Spice Latte-Does this one really need to be explained? It's great, it's warm, it's a party in my mouth!
 

2. Trader Joe's pumpkin cream cheese-I was a total sucker. I walked into TJ's last week and I instantly smelled warm pumpkin bread.  I somehow, not sure how I got there, found my way to the sample table where they not only had the baked good but also some pumpkin cream cheese to put on top.  I tried it and like a robot grabbed a container, threw it in my basket and paid for it.  It's SOOO good!


3.  Pumpkin candles-I'm kind of picky on these...they need to smell earthy and spicey...not to caramely or buttery.  It's a great way to fill up the house w/ a fall scent.  Wal-mart actually has a pretty decent one. I also love using mini pumpkins as candle holders. You cut out a little hole and either add a tea light or a taper candle. I did this one Thanksgiving and it looked so cute and festive on all of the tables.


4. Pumpkin Scones-Now I'm not talking about the hard, brick like scones you get at starbucks (Sorry Starbucks, you know I love your drinks).  I am talking about a warm, fresh, round pumpkin scone with a little caramel drizzle on top from Alice's Tea cup in NYC.  They seriously have the best scones I've ever had!  I've tried to make them myself and haven't found the right recipe yet. If you are ever in NYC, grab a friend and go split a pot of tea and some scones. Or if you have a little girl, take her for a tea party-they even have fairy wings for them to wear. They have one location on the UWS or two on the UES.

5. Babies or animals dressed up like Pumpkins- I know it sounds weird. But look how stinking cute they are!
       

   
The last two aren't pumpkins but they cracked me up : ).  No animals or babies  were harmed in these pictures...I don't actually know any of these animals or babies, BUT I'm sure they are all ok!

Have a great fall weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment