Saturday, January 14, 2012

Goals for 2012

I normally don't really have resolutions in the new year.  Of course I do love the new beginning feel a new year has.  I am definitely trying to work-out more and eat better (like everyone and their brother). The new LA Fitness less then one min from our house helps!  But here are some goals I'd like to set for the new year and see how they go throughout the year.

1. Volunteer-I'd like to do something for someone else or a group this year that absolutely has no benefit to me.  Of course my friend reminded me of the Friends episode where Joey said that no one does anything w/out ANY benefit to them.  But I'd like the goal of my volunteering to not be for ME...if that makes sense.  Now to find how I want to do this.

2. Babies-The hubs and I have been dealing w/ infertility for a while now.  I've mentioned wanting a baby on here...but not really gone into much of our story.  I've tried to not focus on it all too much as I know God has a plan and purpose for us and any stress would not help the cause. The hubs and I are ready to move ahead in our quest for Baby A.  This is a goal in that I'd like more answers towards what's going on so we can make some decisions on routes to take. Thanks for any thoughts and prayers.

3. Stay Fit-not only would I like to keep my gym/work-outs solid, but I'd like to not loose the momentum I have right now!

4. Organization-Keep working on organizing our house.  I'm trying to keep the ways that work and start new methods to allow my husband and myself an easier time in STAYING organized.  I love to clean and get it all organized...it's the staying that's an issue.

5.  Bible-I'd like to read my bible...daily...not just think about it...but actually DO it.

6.  Learn a new skill or do something I've never done-It's always good to challenge yourself.  Let's see what I can get my hands in : ).

7. Chronicle-I'd like to take more pictures of our life.  We have a decent camera and I'd like to learn to use it better and remember to use it.

8. House-Continue updating and painting and creating.  This seems silly but I'd like to use wisdom and do this as economically as possible.

9. Dates-I'd like to have more date nights with the hubs. They don't have to be crazy special or anything.  But I'd love to have some creative and new date nights or date days. Even if they are stay at home nights...but I'd like to make an effort so that the time we do have together (where one of us isn't in a show) is spent not always in front of the boob tube ; ).

10. Better blogger-Kind of goes along w/ the pictures but I want to write more.  I really enjoy keeping this blog for some reason. I'd love to update, write and grow more this year.


Did you set any goals for yourself this year? How are you keeping them in check through the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment