Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Five-Favorite Christmas Movies

This is seriously my favorite time of year.  And nothing says Christmas better then a CHRISTMAS movie.  I am seriously obsessed : ). One year I complained that there were  no good movies on tv that year...the next year for my birthday the hubs got me all Christmas movies :). It's  really hard to pick but here are of my faves.

1. White Christmas-Well, duh, of course a holiday musical is going to make my list.   I love all of the classic songs, the great story and the cast! I could watch this over and over again. "Sisters...Sisters...there were never such devoted sisters :)"

2. Muppets Christmas Carol- Classic story w/ a great cast.  Love me some muppets (which by the way you need to see the new movie...superb)! There are some silly songs in this too and the muppet banter always makes me laugh.

3.Home Alone-I know this makes me a big goob, but I love the original movie.  It has great Christmas music and a fun plot.  Drew and I also quote this one...I know, we are dorks!

4. Scrooged-A great mixed up version of A Christmas Carol from the 80s w/ Bill Murray.  Carol Kane as the ghost of Christmas Past is Hi-larious!

5. Elf-This is probably my favorite Christmas flick. Some of my favorite lines come from this and Drew and I quote them year round.  Will Ferrell is great as Buddy the Elf and Zoey Deschanel is great side kick. Love seeing NYC at Christmastime in this too.


Runner ups: Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, Holiday Inn, Love Actually, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle of 34th St (original), It's a Wonderful Life

Drew's Faves: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Gremlins(i don't count this one...but he does...lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment