Thursday, November 3, 2011

October flashback in pics

I never got a chance to blog about these little adventures and share many pics from October.

We headed up to the Apple Festival in Ellijay, GA in the middle of Oct with my brother and sis in law.  It was a great day adventure full of food, family, trashy crafts, some neat crafts and lots of apples. 
Our first stop at the festival, after the long trip in the car, were these classy bathrooms :(.  It was awful but when you gotta go, you gotta go.
After our pit stop we started looking at the sights. We were very disturbed by these dolls.
 And confused!!
The German dude was a bit random too.
I got oddly excited about the pony rides...I didn't go on one.

After we shopped a little, I got a neat pottery spoonrest for the kitchen and cool bird feeder for my mama Deb, we decided to eat some treats.
We waited in line for these apple dumplings and let me tell you is was SO good. In fact it was so good I couldn't take a picture...hubs and I inhaled ours.  We also got a bag of granny smith apples to take home. SO good!! After the Apple Festival we headed to Woodstock to have some tacos in honor of Drew's birthday.  I didn't get pics of those either but they were good.

Several days later we headed down to Decatur to celebrate Drew's birthday with our friends Denise and Tim. We went to a really cool restaurant called Leon's.  Jonah Hill happened to be dining there while we were. He totally wanted to be a part of our group : ). Denise wanted to surprise Drew with a dessert...she got him this AWESOME treat of bacon w/ a side of peanut butter. Sound weird? It was AMAZING. Seriously, the best bacon I've ever had and the PB was natural and yummo.

Drew's Birthday Bacon


He's so happy : )

                                                    Our buds, Tim and Denise

Several days later my mother in law was in town on her way to TN and she brought me a birthday pie.  It was SO good...we didn't have any candles.  Tea light anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment