Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Place Where Nobody Dared to Go!

I am super excited about the show I am rehearsing right now. Are you confused? Yes, I am in performing one show and rehearsing another and on top of it the musical theatre troupe I teach for is opening their show next week. Lots of shows all at once...but I love it!
The show I am currently rehearsing is XANADU and I'm in heaven! Yes, if you are thinking of Olivia Newton-John, Electric Light Orchestra, and Gene Kelly, you are on the right track.
If you are thinking of Kerry Butler, Cheyenne Jackson and the rest of the amazing original broadway cast you are even closer to the right track.
There are many reasons I'm digging this show. The music is so much fun and the show is just ridiculous.  I'm not only going to be in it but I am also choreographing the show.  There are ROLLER SKATES! Not roller blades but skates and many of you might not know this but I was a roller skating queen as a child : ). 

Another cool thing about the show was when we were still in Atlanta I was flying up and auditioning some in NYC.  On one of these visits the cast of XANADU was rehearsing in one of the spaces I was auditioning in...it was pretty cool to be passing these actors in the hallway. My husband is also in the show and I absolutely love getting to perform with him.  He is amazing for many reasons but getting to work together is just icing on the cake for me.  This show was also the one show we saw in the fall of '07 on our NYC scouting weekend.  This was our trip to the city to check out neighborhoods and visit friends to see if we wanted to move up. It was a special weekend for us I think this show is a big part of that.  

I am superstoked to put on some skates and rock out with my hubs!


Here we are in the last show we did together.

I am blessed!
"A place where noboy dared to go, the love that we came to know, they call it Xanadu"







1 comment:

  1. LOVE Xanadu! I don't know that I'd be able to rollerskate now if I tried! But my rollerblading skills are off the charts!

    ReplyDelete