Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Guest Blog-Katy's Neverending Story

November brings my first ever guest blogger.  I am so excited to introduce you to Katy of Katy's Neverending Story .  Katy and I have been friends long before either of us ever started blogging and I am thrilled to have her write for Lins on the Go.  Katy's blog is so funny and honest as she shares the ups and downs of being a newlywed in the city.  Katy is a multi-talented gal who constantly amazes me. I am so thankful for her friendship and was honored to be a bridesmaid in her beautiful wedding last year.  I hope you enjoy her as much as I do : ).

                                          Katy and I on the UGLY BETTY set-Summer 2009

Where are you from and where do you live now?
I'm from Macon Georgia and live in NYC now.

How long have you been blogging?
Just over 3 years.

Do you have a favorite topic you blog about?
I like to blog about stuff happening in NYC and my continuous battle to adapt to this crazy city life.

How did you find my blog or how did we connect?
10 years of friendship!!  I love your blog!!

Are you married or in a significant relationship?
Married to Mr A since May 2010

How does your partner/husband feel about your blog/blogging?
He thinks it's funny- as long as I don't get too personal

What are your three favorite blogs?
Lay Baby Lay (www.laybabylay.com)
Marriage Confessions
And Lindsey's!!!!!!! (I didn't pay her to say this either...lol)

Do you have a favorite quote, scripture or saying you'd like to share w/ readers?
"Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.". Isaiah 12:5

                                           Katy and Drew-LONG TIME friends-March 2010

Friendship

Some people forge friendships over major events in their lives. Some become friends over a show or through a class in school. With Lindsey and I, our friendship was formed before we ever met- at least from my point of view.

Lindsey was engaged to a hometown friend of mine and was scheduled to come to Macon to teach after college. Drew, her intended, and my friend, still had a year or so of school, so Lindsey would be living with her future in-laws and planning a wedding. When Drew's mom called and asked me if I wanted to meet Lindsey, I immediately said YES!  See, I knew off the bat we would be amazing friends.  I'm sure Lindsey had other things on her mind (wedding planning, being away from her fiancé, moving in with in-laws, first year teaching) than making a new friend, but I knew that we were meant to be buddies for life.

Lindsey and I are  basically fraternal twins from different mothers.  While we do not look alike, we are pretty much the same personality on the inside.  We've played the same roles, we like the same music and there's never a shortage of subjects to talk about.

Since meeting each other, we have both done the following (although not always at the same time):

Gotten married
Taught students
Played the love interest in a play
Played Lucy in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"
Thrown showers for each other
Moved to New York City
Been in "Oliver"

Our phone chats are few and far between but when they do happen, it's like we can pick up right where we left off. Sadly it's been WAY too long since we've lived in the same city, but when I was picking bridesmaids, there was no question in my mind who I would want as a bridesmaid when it was my turn to walk down the aisle. She's supportive, caring, hilarious, SO freaking talented, and the bestest of buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment