Thursday, November 3, 2011

Apple Betty recipe

On Sunday I showed you my plan for the day in pics.  The day was a success. 

The chili hit the spot.
 The cornbread wasn't bad either.
My crafts are turning out pretty cute (one is a semi bust but still working on it) but you have to wait for pics on those.  I couldn't decide what to watch out of my dvds so I decided a little Ally McBeal on netflix would fit into my plan perfectly.

The icing on the cake was dessert.  APPLE BETTY...my stepmom, Mama Deb, used to make this all of the time when I was a kid and I LOVED it.  I decided w/ our apples from our recent trip I would make some.  The recipe was easy and simple and the Drewster was pretty happy too.

Apple Betty
2 cups of apples chopped (I used 3 apples so probably close to 3 cups)
1/2 c. sugar (I used a 1/3 or 1/4 a cup, can't remember but it was just right for us)
1 tsp. cinnamon ( I threw a little extra in and added 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg)
3/4 c. quick cooking oatmeal
3/4 c. self-rising flour (I also used a healthier flour)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. melted butter

Mix apples, sugar and cinnamon and place in a greased 9x9 inch casserole dish.
 
 Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and butter.
                                     
  Crumble over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Voila! A warm, easy success on a cold night.
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment