Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hammer Time

As you might be able to tell from other posts we are doing some minor changes in the house.  Painting, installing new doors, updating here and there etc.  Well...our house looks and feels like a mess right now b/c we, like big ole goobers, started 3 or 4 projects all at once.  This past Friday the hubs got a little hammer happy.  The story goes a little something like this.  Warning there is a TMI in this story.

I drove to Augusta (about 2 1/2-3 hours away) to pick up my niece, Chelsea, for my sis-in-law, Lynn.  The plan was that I would grab Drew  once we got back to ATL and we all would meet Lynn and my bro for dinner.  I called him about 20 min away and told him we were near and he sounded a little funny. He called 5  min later to tell me that we had a slight problem and that he'd accidentally hit a pipe and had to fix it.  See, we are restoring our guest bathroom (new vanity, tile, and putting in new sheetrock).  Well, he decided that Friday night, right before dinner, was the time to take out the old sheetrock. He was being careful...but hammer time got a little too exciting...and he hit a pipe...and it broke.  wanh wanh!

Long story short...he worked on it until 12:30-1am and couldn't fix it b/c he needed a part from Home Depot. So we went to bed w/ no water in the house. And the tmi here is that the dinner I had was great going down...but not so much later that evening. SO plumbing problems were abound in our house! And I teach on Saturday mornings....and we had no water....hmmm.  When he finally gave up on the plumping that night/early morning he told me he'd wake up at 7 and turn on the water so I could brush my teeth/wash my face before classs. 

Fast forward to 5am...my adorable cats decided to find a bag of catnip and play with it...under our bed...for 2 hours...I was so mad.  Sat morning mommy was a major cranky pants!  No shower and no sleep...at least my hubs did make coffee when he turned the water on.  The other good news is that I got a text about 10am that he was able to fix it after he got the part at Home depot.  YAY! The hubs made a boo-boo but at least he figured out how to fix it. I got a shower after class and our cats were in a fog all day and covered in catnip. Drew offered them some cheetos ;)

Oh what a night!  Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment