Monday, March 21, 2011

You shall be called???

I got my back less then 24 hrs after I ordered it.  My super awesome husband went and picked it up for me because I was teaching all afternoon in multiple locations and couldn't get to the store before they closed.  I was SO excited to get it and immediately took her out for the inaugural ride to break her in.  As I was heading out the door I noticed my pedals weren't the super duper upgraded bare-foot pedals (for those beach days). I immediately emailed the contact at the store who responded back within 30 minutes telling me he was so sorry it wasn't communicated to me and that they should be in this week. He also told me I could have a free bell or cup holder for my troubles.  Talk about customer service. 

My first ride was a little over three miles.  I couldn't go much longer b/c the kickstand was not bending properly and the left pedal hit every time it went around. It was driving me nuts! So when I got in I emailed the guy back thanking him for the quick help. I also mentioned the kickstand and one other issue. The "fork" of the bike was the wrong color.  It's really not a huge deal but I wanted silver and it's white.  He emailed back and said that changing the fork was no problem and that he could bend the kickstand.  Yay, all easy fixes. 

The weather here has been amazing and I couldn't not ride her on my day off so I took her out for 5.4 miles today.  I was able to fix the kickstand myself-score! So I've gotten 8.4 miles down...a lot more to go before she's "paid off" in my mind : ).  I found this great app for my phone called cardio trainer.  It uses GPS and tracks where you go, miles, calories, rate of speed. It's pretty amazing!



So, what do you think? Isn't she a beaut? Can you tell where the fork is?


I think I want to name her...any suggestions...or is she a he? I'm a dork...I know : )

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Doug and I are giggling at your desire to name he/she. Maybe a Greek mythology name... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_deity#Greek_mythology

    The fork is the part that goes over the front tire, right?

    Enjoy your riding... beautiful bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! She's definitely a beaut. I'd probably name her something like Gidget, cause that's what I think of when I think of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...@jogging with Fiction...I think we share a brain b/c I had finally decided on Gidget yesterday and read your post today!!

    ReplyDelete