Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Five- 5 good mood songs

Whoo hoo I have been wanting to do a Friday Five for several weeks now. I just can't wait until next Friday! So here goes my first one.
Friday Five-5 Songs that can INSTANTLY put me in a good mood. Now I know some of these are cheesy but they make me happy...what can I say? There are many more but these are the ones that I are striking my fancy today.

1. If You Were Here-by The Thompson Twins
-You are probably thinking what song is this? Picture this, young teen girl in a bridesmaid dress sitting on a table with a hot young guy and she is about to blow out birthday candles. Yes, the movie is SIXTEEN CANDLES and this song plays right when Samantha and Jake are about to kiss. One of the best movie moments ever and this song always takes me to this happy place : 0). You know you're with me on this one.

2. Lovesong -311 cover...originally done by The Cure
-I love this song...especially the version by 311. It makes me want to be on some tropical island with Drew on one side and a small...no, wait...who am I kidding...a LARGE margarita on the other. I love the lyrics and the reggae undertones. It was also featured in the movie 50 FIRST DATES.

3. I've Had The Time Of My Life-Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
-I feel a little guilty liking this song but I can't help it. Anytime I hear it I am instantly taken back to the 80's and one of my favorite movies DIRTY DANCING. I remember seeing this movie and barely being able to contain myself I heard the song b/c I wanted to dance. Who remembers the end when Mr. P. Swayze (RIP) mouths the word to Jennifer Gray....ughhhhh...love it! and ps-the BEP version doesn't count.

4. Dancing Queen-Abba
-I was debating this one but again...it makes me want to dance. Seriously, any Abba makes me happy and makes me want to dance. Who's seen MURIEL'S WEDDING? They are obsessed with Abba in the movie! And thanks to silly musicals like MAMMA MIA more people can enjoy the fun.

5. Lovefool-The Cardigans-This one takes me back to my HS days. This song is just SO fun and makes me want to boogie. It was also featured in WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE'S ROMEO AND JULIET and CRUEL INTENTIONS. What's even better is this is featured on SingStar on our PS3 : ). I can serenade Drew ALL night long! Thank you Swedes for The Cardigans.
 Here's the code:


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the list! I loooove Abba. Are you a fan of that Abba movie - Mamma Mia? If you haven't seen it - you should It's awesome. Except for Pierce Brosnan. When he sings it sounds like someone is strangling a cat.

    ReplyDelete