Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tech Week Madness

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm an actress.  My husband is an actor as well.  Right now we are both working on shows.  He is directing a production that opens at the end of the month and I open a show THIS week. 

During Tech week our life normally goes to poop.  The laundry piles up, the food intake is crap, the cats go unloved, dishes pile up etc.  But I tried to counteract all of that this week. Monday is my day off of the week so I attacked the laundry and got 3 loads done.  I also got groceries.  I decided to prepare two large cold salads to eat off this week. One is a pasta (really tiny ditalini) with chickpeas, onion, red pepper, orange pepper, zucchini, garlic salt, oregano, white balsamic and EVOO. The other is a greek broccoli salad-broccoli, lowfat feta, kalamata olives, spices, evoo and balsamic.  When I leave for work in the morning I have to plan my meals for the day.  Having these already made-and healthy-options gives me some relief from the frozen kashi meal, the 2nd sandwich of the day and saves me some $$ from the whole foods deli.

So far, so good.  We are both surviving the madness and the cats seemed loved : )  Now, here's hoping my show opens without a hitch!

1 comment: