Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Five-Summer time faves

School's out for SUMMER...which means there is a lot change in the air : ). Here are some of my favorite things about summer time. 

1. So You Think You Can Dance- I love this show and it normally starts back up at the beginning of summer.  I am normally not a fan of reality tv-but this one utilizes talent so I am pulled in a bit.  I definitely have my favorite judges too...and my least faves : ) (aka Tice).  I have even sucked the hubby into watching this with me. We even had a little group of friends in Atl and NYC that we watched with.  Digga Digga Digga DANCE!



2. Summer Ales-who doesn't love a good cold one after a long day? Some of my favorite seasonal ales are Blue Moon's Summer Ale, Magic Hat's Wacko, and New Belgium's Somersault.  I always look forward to trying new seasonals...do you have a favorite summer ale?


3. Sundresses-I love wearing a sundress and sandals.  I live in dance clothes all year long so it's really nice to put on a sundress and feel cute and girly.  I love them long, short, flowy, fitted, bright, pastel, patterned...you get the picture.  Here's one of my newer sundresses...beware of the white legs : )


4.  Fresh fruits and veggies-I love all of the farmer's markets with local veggies and fruits.  Even the publix has an assortment of berries, citrus, squash, peppers.  It makes me wanna grill some fish and veggies and top it off with fresh fruit for dessert.  It helps me on my life quest to add more healthy options to my everyday life.


5. Baseball-I don't exactly love this...but the hubs does...and it makes me happy to see him get so excited.  I guess this really starts up in spring but it's a summery thing for us too. We have been trying to get to as many ballparks across the country.  This summer we hit LA's field!

1 comment:

  1. I love Magic Hat and summer dresses! and the Red Sox ;)

    ReplyDelete