Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gone but not forgotten

HI Friends! Remember me? Lindsey here. Actress, silly, goof ball, cheese loving gal who likes to share stories, recipes and deep (mostly not so deep) thoughts. Sound familiar? You probably forgot about me. With good reason too! I haven't posted since March of LAST YEAR! In the words of Mike, (Fred Willard's character) from A Mighty Wind, "Wha' Happened?"  Well, let's just say 2012 was a doozie. And not the good kind of doozie like the cookies from the Great American Cookie Company. Btw-if you want to get me one of those said cookie I won't stop you!
Anyway, 2012 kicked my booty. I will spare you all of the details but let's just say that there was a lot of loss, tears, and just plain ol' hard times.  But the good news is Drew and I survived 2012 and we are still kicking.  So thankful for a great relationship with the hubs and God being a part of that union. Amen! 2013 has not exactly been a piece of cake (why all of the sweets references...can you tell I'm not eating many right now...ha) but it's definitely been a smoother ride so far.  And there have been a lot of great things in the past year and few months.  So on that note, I will leave you with some good things in life since my last post, oh SO long ago.

1. Baby Caroline was born-
Our niece baby Caroline was born.  Drew's older brother and his wife brought their first child into the world last October (best month to be born) and she has stolen the heart of many.

Drew looking so adorable w/ her in Milwaukee last Nov.

2. We took a belated 10th anniversary trip to NYC in August.

Me in Central Park

Some of our closest friends after Brance's infamous Fringe Performance


3. I played my dream role of Kira in XANADU the musical. It was a roller skating, 80's fashion awesomeness, Olivia Newton John singing, ball of fun.

4. My awesome, amazingly talented, superstar of teacher, fellow ballerina co-worker Emily got engaged and she is getting MARRIED (and she's leaving me..wanh wanh...but that's a whole other post entirely).  You can follow her adorable and hilarious blog here.
5. And lastly I will leave you with this tidbit of info.

Luke 1:37- For nothing will be impossible with God.  

This verse has been my jam (not as in toe jam but as in saving grace jam) this year so far.  When it feels like it's all falling a part I just trust in this verse...and I'm grateful for the peace that follows.

Friends, I am back! Get ready for the goober-riffic-ness that is me.


1 comment: